The New York Automobile Insurance Plan (NYAIP) has announced forthcoming rule changes to create "intersex" and "unspecified" gender classifications used in developing premiums for drivers of vehicles insured through the Plan. The changes take effect on December 1, 2022.
The effected rules are:
- Rule 22, Private Passenger Automobile Classifications, is amended to include a youthful intersex and unspecified classification and revise the definition of youthful operator to include intersex and unspecified.
- Rule 27, Driver Training Credit, is amended to reference classifications for youthful operators under the age of 21.
- Rule 42, Named Nonowner Coverage, is amended to revise the definition of youthful operator to include intersex and unspecified.
- The Class Factors Table in the Private Passenger Automobile Rate Chapter is amended to include class factors corresponding to the youthful intersex and unspecified classification.
- Rule 119, Leasing or Rental Concerns, is amended to reference intersex and unspecified.
If you are a producer certified to obtain coverage through the NYAIP, you need to be aware of these changes when they take effect in December.