Accredited Adviser in Insurance
A combined effort of Big I New York and the Insurance Institute of America, the AAI® designation program gives you an edge in the increasingly competitive insurance business. It is more cost-effective and more flexible than other comparable programs. Plus, there is no annual update required to maintain your designation!
By completing the program you will learn practical information you can use right away, including how to:
- avoid E&O claims
- increase your commission
- enhance your knowledge of policies and coverage
- develop more effective sales technique
- learn the language of underwriter
- improve agency workflow
- serve your customers better
AAI 81 - FOUNDATIONS OF INSURANCE PRODUCTION
A– Principles of Insurance
B– Personal Insurance
C– Commercial Property Insurance
AAI 82 - MULTIPLE-LINES INSURANCE PRODUCTION
A- Commercial Liability Insurance
B– Other Commercial Insurance
C– Specialized Insurance and Bonds
AAI 83 - agency operations & sales management
A- Principles of Agency Management
B– The Insurance Production Environment
C– Agency Management Tools & Processes
*It is best to take AAI 81 before taking AAI 82. AAI 83 may be taken at any time.
Recommended For: The AAI program is ideal for all agency staff including producers, customer service representatives, account managers, and support staff.New Ethics Requirement: Completing the free online Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals module is now a requirement of all associate designation programs.
Course Waiver Information:
The AAI 81 (all segments) exam requirement is waived if:
- You hold the IIA Certificate in General Insurance (AINS) OR
- You have passed CPCU 553 or 555 , CPCU 551, and CPCU 552 OR
- You hold the CIC designation (Download CIC waiver form)
Insurance professionals holding the ACSR designation, are entitled to the following exam waivers:
If you have completed: ACSR Modules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 & 11
- AAI 81B (Foundations of Insurance Production - Personal Insurance) is waived.
If you have completed: ACSR Modules 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- AAI 82A (Multiple-Lines Insurance Production, Commercial Liability Insurance) is waived.
Contact The Institutes at 800.644.2101 for details on these waivers.
AAI 81/82/83, Segments A,B,C: Thirty computer-administered, multiple-choice questions each
- Students have one hour to complete each exam
- Exam retake fee is $40 per exam