Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content




Program Spotlight:  Our 15inONE CE Program is for you!

Need credits quickly? Want flexible timing? With our self-study, simple exam, and webinar, you'll earn 15 CE Credits while learning how to protect your agency (works for all licenses except TLA).  Learn More

Self Study CE

Sometimes your busy schedule makes attending a scheduled live class or webinar impossible, and we understand that. We are pleased to offer our members the option to earn CE in a self-study format from these reputable companies at special Big I New York member pricing!



WebCE brings you quality online insurance continuing education courses with a state-of the-art system and amazing customer service. They are approved for CE in NYS if you pass the monitored exam.

Save 15% Now!


CEU is a business unit of The Institutes, and offers an option to earn CE through an online, interactive multi-media course format. They are approved for CE in NYS if you pass the monitored exam.

Save 35% Now!

Q: Which courses must I take to satisfy my continuing education requirements?

A: As a licensee you must complete 15 credits of Continuing Education (CE) during each two year licensing period. All courses must be completed through a Provider Organization (Provider) approved by the New York State Department of Financial Services.

Courses are offered in either the classroom/speech/seminar method of instruction (indicated by an NYCR approval number) or the self-study (textbook or internet) method of instruction (indicated by an NYCS approval number). You are allowed to take any course that is approved for your specific class of license.

If you are a sublicensee on a corporate license, the CE requirement deadline for all types of agent and broker licenses is June 30 of odd-numbered years.


Need to schedule an exam?

If you are located in Central New York, Big I NY is a state-approved monitor for online and paper CE exams. Call us at 800.962.7950 and press 3 for the Education Department to schedule your exam! Not located in Central New York? Click here to find a local state-approved monitor in your area.

Jim Lombardo, CPCU, AAI, AIM, MBA
AVP of Learning & Development
800.962.7950 EXT: 226

Other Helpful Links